Physical therapy helps people of all ages who have medical conditions, illnesses or injuries that limit their regular ability to move and function.
Sports Injury Management
Want to spend less time on the sidelines?
Accurate diagnosis, early management, and specific rehabilitation of sporting injuries are crucial in getting you back on the playing field quicker and in preventing injury recurrence.
The physiotherapists at 'V Care Physiotherapy & Rehabilitation Care' are experienced in both the conservative and post-operative management and rehabilitation of a wide range of sports injuries and musculoskeletal sprains and strains. Our staff have a strong interest in sports physiotherapy, have worked with sporting teams, and have completed additional training in the latest sports injury management and rehabilitation techniques.
Our physiotherapists can perform a comprehensive assessment of your injury and offer a wide range of treatment options and advice based on the latest research and best practice standards. 'V Care Physiotherapy & Rehabilitation Care' also has a fully equipped rehabilitation gym onsite to provide you with a comprehensive rehabilitation program specific to your injury and the demands of your sport. We have a wide range of braces, appliances and orthotics available to assist with your recovery and return to sport.
'V Care Physiotherapy & Rehabilitation Care' also offers sport specific musculoskeletal assessments and injury prevention screenings to help identify those athletes at risk of injury, and to implement corrective strategies to reduce these risks. We can develop specific Injury prevention and performance enhancing core programs for you.
Whatever your sport or level of participation, 'V Care Physiotherapy & Rehabilitation Care' can help. Our physiotherapists have worked with athletes from a range of sporting codes and of varying levels from social and amateur sports people to athletes competing at state, national and international level.
'V Care Physiotherapy & Rehabilitation Care' Can Assist With:
- Comprehensive assessment and treatment of sports and musculoskeletal injuries
- Pre and post-surgical rehabilitation
- Personalised and sport specific injury rehabilitation and prevention programs
- Sports massage and trigger point therapy, dry needling and traditional acupuncture
- Structured and graduated return to training and return to play guidelines for athletes
- Musculoskeletal screenings
- Fitting of walking aids, orthotics and sports braces
All This Leads To:
- Less time on the sidelines; and
- Reduced risk of injury recurrence through correct injury rehabilitation and addressing the causative factors.
Sports Injuries Commonly Treated at 'V Care Physiotherapy & Rehabilitation Care' Include:
- Ankle Sprains
- Achilles Tendonopathy
- Back and Neck Pain
- Hamstring, Groin, Thigh and Calf Muscle Strains and Sprains
- Knee Injuries Including Ligament and Meniscal Strains, Patellofemoral Pain, Iliotibial Band Syndrome, and Patella Tendonopathy
- Osteitis Pubis
- Shin Splints
- Shoulder Injuries including Impingement, Bursitis, Rotator Cuff Strains, Disclocations / Subluxations, and AC Joint Injuries
- Tennis / Golfer’s Elbow
- Wrist, Thumb and hand injuries